Meditation for Modern Life
with Mia Forbes Pirie
1 February 2-4.45pm
Previously the purview of monks and lamas, meditation is now being used by the likes of Google, hedge fund managers and MBA students to boost their performance. Scientific research now supports many health and stress-relief benefits of meditation mainly associated with stress reduction, and ability to focus. Cautiously promising research in its early stages even suggests that meditation may have some effect on a cellular level on patients in remission from cancer. Further evidence is needed to confirm that.
- Understand what meditation is and how it can benefit you personally.
- Investigate and experience different types of mediation and their effects on you.
- Understand how meditation can fit into your life.
- Learn straightforward techniques that will help make meditation easy as well as simple.
- Begin to change the way you relate to yourself and your thought patterns.
- Find out how meditation can improve your relationships and your work.