It’s that time of year again! It’s time to reflect on the year that’s been so we can make decisions about the year to come.
I’m running a retreat in India at the moment (the next one's in Morocco, just saying) and part of what we’re doing together - in addition to yoga and mindfulness - is reviewing this year and looking ahead to the next. I always get so much from this practice and am delighted that I get to share the experience with my retreat participants this year.
Would you like to join us?
Find a quiet space, pour yourself a cup of tea, grab a pen and a fresh sheet of paper and reflect on the following questions:
- What went well this year? What do you feel you achieved? What do you feel you did well at? Which habits do you have or did you develop that really serve you?
- What didn’t work so well this year? Which habits didn’t serve you?
- What is your highest aspiration, personally and professionally? What are the most important things you’d like to achieve in life? What is your gift to the world?
- In the coming year, what are the key steps you can take to move you closer to that aspiration? What are the things you need to keep doing that are serving and supporting you?
- What do you need to eliminate and change?
To be sure you’re moving in the right direction, it’s important to be aware of your highest aspiration. That will move you closer to what your most authentic self has to contribute to the world, both personally and professionally. It will support you in bringing your unique gifts to the world. As Seneca’s sailing analogy goes "there is no favourable wind for the person who doesn’t know where they are going”.
I hope you enjoy reviewing 2019 and that 2020 is a year of possibilities, health and happiness. If you would like to join me on my next retreat in Morocco you can find more information here.